Pokémon League: Anime 2016 Edition
Attention Pokémon trainers! The Pokémon League returns to AnimeCon!
Do you feel like having some exciting battles with your fellow Pokémon fans? Then grab your 3DS with Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire and visit us in the basement near the game room.
Here you can create your own, personal trainercard and enter the Animecon Pokémon League.
Join us and YOU might just become our next Pokémon League champion!
The Competition rules (Dutch)
The tournament will be played using Nintendo’s official VGC rules.
- All battles are double battles, played in Pokémom Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
- Each match will have a maximum duration of 15 minutes.
- If a match exceeds the maximum duration of 15 minutes the winner will be the player with the most Pokémon still concious, or if both players have the same amount of Pokémon in the field the winner will be the player with the highest accumulated HP percentage.
- The following Pokémon are not allowed:
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion.
- Players are not allowed to have a combination of more than two of the following legendary Pokémon on the same team:
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
- You are not allowed to use the “Soul Dew” item, all other items are. Every Pokémon on your team however needs to carry a different item.
- A team may not contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
- Teams consist of 6 Pokémon, however one player may not bring more than 4 Pokémon to a fight.
- Pokémon with abilities unavailable in Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire may not be used. (Example: The Dream Radar abilities of Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina.)
- All battles must be fought in “Normal Battle” Mode.
Referees will watch to make sure the other rules are being followed by the participants.
- The use of Pokémon and/or items created or edited with the help of 3rd party programs is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification rendering your trainercard invalid for the remainder of that day’s tournament.
Location and time
Location: Atlantic Foyer
Friday 14:00 - 17:00
Saturday 12:00 - 16:00
Sunday 12:00 - 14:00
*These times may change on-site depending on the popularity of the event.
'The usual rules apply.
'Whole Weekend' and 'daily' visitors. Bring your own 3DS and a copy of Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby