AnimeCon Solo Cosplay Competition 2017
Each year Anime holds different cosplay competitions, and this year will be no different! So, do you want to show off your incredible cosplay on a stage, but the competitions for WCS, Euro Cosplay or the ECG are not for you? Why not compete in the Fashion Show to try it out!
A convention is a time for many things, socializing, participating in workshops and, maybe most importantly, to wear your wonderful, self-made costume! But during this Fashion Show we invite cosplayers to do more than just walking around in the halls… Not everyone of you are keen on doing an entire act, or to make a spectacle, but for this show, the rules are different. This show is the way to be able to show your cosplay to every con-visitor, without the stress that may come with some of the bigger competitions. A little music, a few twirls and everyone will have been able to properly gawk at you.
So do you want to do something a bit more daring? Then this is your competition.
You can now sign up here for this and other cosplay competitions.
Animecon Solo is filled up at the moment, any new sign up will be placed on the waiting list automatically.
When signing up for this competition, you will in any case need to provide us with:
- Small storyboard about your act in 5-10 lines of text (If you just pose, state that you will just pose.)
- A ticket number (If you have a free ticket, please state so)
Without these, your entry will not be valid.
Not required for watching.
Aside from the usual rules, the following applies:
Visitors of this specific event are allowed to take pictures of the event. All entrants need to agree to this if they want to compete in this event. A special entry for this purpose has been added to the Cosplay Competition registration form. However, it is NOT allowed, to use FLASH photography! Remember other people's personal (as well as third parties) rights will always apply, but what you do with YOUR pictures/recordings is YOUR OWN responsibility!
- For cosplay weapons guidelines read the house rules/huisregels. Dutch weapons law will always apply!
- You must wear a self-made costume.
- There are no age restrictions.
- There are no nationality restrictions.
- You may use small props that were store bought.
- You are allowed to perform an act on stage that may not exceed 90 seconds. If you just pose, 60 seconds is the max.
- Once entered, you will get a script form to fill in the details of your act. This will have to be handed in on Saturday 13th of May, 23:59h at the latest.
- With your script, you will also have to provide:
- Work in Progress pictures,
- Reference pictures,
- Any audio/video you want to use during the skit.
- You may not use: Any items that can spill on the stage, like bubbles, glitter, confetti etc.
- You may not use: Live fire, dry ice, live steel weapons or other things that could be a danger to yourself or others.
- Stage ninjas are allowed in a small way: our staff can hand you a prop or item from backstage or press a button for you. Interaction with the cosplayers on stage is NOT allowed.
- You must attend the Anime festival at least on Sunday.
- Your Cosplay must be from an Anime, Manga or Game, preferably from Japan. It may not be a fictional character you created.
- Participating in Animecon Solo restricts you from entering the CWM, Yamato and/or ECG solo preliminaries.
If you have questions regarding the Cosplay Competition, kindly direct them to us, using the appropriate forum (Before you submit a question, please browse the forum to see if your question has already been answered) or send us an e-mail using our contact form (choose 'Cosplay Event' from the subject dropdown menu).
'Whole Weekend' and 'Sunday Only' visitors.
Sunday June 11th: time tbh
For legal and safety reasons we are not allowed to exceed the Archonia room's maximum capacity. For the people that will miss out we will try to show a recording.