In the ever expanding world of cosplay, there are many great competitions all over the world. Some awesome ones, like the European Cosplay Gathering, Eurocosplay or The World Cosplay Summit give people from different countries the chance to meet and compete against each other.And while the scene grows, cosplayers get to meet more and more people from different nationalities and form friendships all over the world.
This made people wonder: How can I perform on stage with those people who are close to my heart, yet live so far away? The cumulative weight of these thoughts began to push on us and forced BorderCos into reality. The stage has been set, are you ready to compete?
BorderCos is a cosplay event which does not allow you to compete on stage against another county, but makes you compete with
them. That is the requirement of BorderCos: You and your friends must represent at least 2 countries. Imagine the combinations possible: Germans together with Dutch, English with French, or maybe Italians with Koreans and Brazilians?
Anything is possible, almost.
P.S.: Cosplaying as another country (Hetalia) is not what we mean with representing a country.
You can now sign up here for this and other cosplay competitions.
When signing up for this competition, you will in any case need to provide us with:
- Small storyboard about your act in 5-10 lines of text
- A ticket number (If you have a free ticket, please state so)
Without these, your entry will not be valid.
Not required for watching.
Aside from the usual rules, the following applies:
Visitors of this specific event are allowed to take pictures of the event. All entrants need to agree to this if they want to compete in this event. A special entry for this purpose has been added to the Cosplay Competition registration form. However, it is NOT allowed, to use FLASH photography! Remember other people's personal (as well as third parties) rights will always apply, but what you do with YOUR pictures/recordings is YOUR OWN responsibility!
- For cosplay props/weapons guidelines read the house rules/huisregels. Dutch weapons law will always apply!
- Teams may consist out of 2 to 7 people.
- There are no age restrictions.
- Your team must wear self-made costumes.
- Your team may use small props that were store bought.
- You and your team must perform an act on stage that may not exceed 180 seconds.
- Once entered, you will get a script form to fill in the details of your act. This will have to be handed in on Saturday 13th of May, 23:59h at the latest.
- With your script, you will also have to provide:
- Work in Progress pictures,
- Reference pictures,
- Any audio/video you want to use during the skit.
- Teams may not use: Any items that can spill on the stage, like bubbles, glitter, confetti etc.
- Teams may not use: Live fire, dry ice, live steel weapons or other things that could be a danger to yourself or others.
- Stage ninjas are allowed in a small way: our staff can hand you a prop or item from backstage or press a button for you. Interaction with the cosplayers on stage is NOT allowed.
- You must attend the Anime festival on Saturday.
- Your cosplay costume must be from a comic, cartoon, game or movie (preferably from Japan).
- Your character may not be a fictional one you or your friends created.
- At least two different nationalities per team (double passports are counted as the country you are born in).
What can you win?
Your team captain can win the coveted Golden Marieke Award and your entire team will be offered the chibi Clara plushie as prize, together with something insignificant!
And eternal glory. Because BorderCos is about the FUN not about the huge prizes
If you have questions regarding BorderCos, kindly direct them to us, using the appropriate forum (Before you submit a question, please browse the forum to see if your question has already been answered) or send us an e-mail using our contact form (choose 'Cosplay Event' from the subject dropdown menu).
'Whole Weekend' and 'Saturday Only' visitors.
Saturday June 10th: 16:00 - 18:00
For legal and safety reasons we are not allowed to exceed the Archonia room's maximum capacity. For the people that will miss out we will try to show a recording.