Cosplay World Masters 2017 preliminaries
With around 15 countries competing last year, this international championship for solo cosplayers missed just a little something… An official Dutch entry! But now, we are happy to announce that the Dutch preliminaries for the Cosplay World Masters will take place here at Animecon.
Cosplay World Masters has been held in Portugal since 2011. The competition for Solo cosplayers has dramatically improved since its inception in Portugal and is now one of the most renowned events for solo cosplayers only in the world.
You will be competing for a place in the 2018 finals which will be held at Iber Anime in either May or October in Portugal.
There are unfortunately no more places available this year.
When signing up for this competition, you will in any case need to provide us with:
- A ticket number (If you have a free ticket, please state so),
- A small storyboard about your act in 5-10 lines of text.
Without these, your entry will not be valid.
Not required for watching.
Aside from the usual rules, the following applies:
Visitors of this specific event are allowed to take pictures of the event. All entrants need to agree to this if they want to compete in this event. A special entry for this purpose has been added to the Cosplay Competition registration form. However, it is NOT allowed, to use FLASH photography! Remember other people's personal (as well as third parties) rights will always apply, but what you do with YOUR pictures/recordings is YOUR OWN responsibility!
- For Cosplay weapons guidelines read the house rules/huisregels. Dutch weapons law will always apply!
- Only solo contestants can enter this competition. Groups or teams of more than one person are not allowed.
- You must wear a self-made costume.
- You may use small props that were store bought.
- You must perform a brief act on stage that may not exceed 120 seconds.
- Once entered, you will get a script form to fill in the details of your act. This will have to be handed in on Saturday 13th of May, 23:59h at the latest.
- With your script, you will also have to provide:
- Work in Progress pictures,
- Reference pictures,
- Any audio/video you want to use during the skit.
- You may not use: Any items that can spill on the stage, like bubbles, glitter, confetti etc.
- You may not use: Live fire, dry ice, live steel weapons or other things that could be a danger to yourself or others.
- Stage ninjas are allowed in a small way: our staff can hand you a prop or item from backstage or press a button for you. Interaction with the cosplayers on stage is NOT allowed.
- You must attend the Anime festival at least on Sunday.
- You must be 18 years or older on January 1st 2018 if you want to compete for the Cosplay World Masters.
- You must be able to come to Portugal in 2018 for the Cosplay World Master Final.
- Your Cosplay must be from a video game, anime, manga, comic book or other fictional character. It may not be a character you or your friends created.
If you have questions regarding the Cosplay Competition, kindly direct them to us, using the appropriate forum (Before you submit a question, please browse the forum to see if your question has already been answered) or send us an e-mail using our contact form (choose 'Cosplay Event' from the subject dropdown menu).
'Whole Weekend' and 'Sunday Only' visitors.
Sunday June 11th: 14:00 - 15:30
For legal and safety reasons we are not allowed to exceed the Archonia room's maximum capacity. For the people that will miss out we will try to show a recording.