Euro Cosplay preliminaries
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay, or Costume Play can be seen at all Anime and Game related events. Cosplayers are people dressing up like their favourite cartoon, comic or game character. Quite a lot of people cosplay at Anime 2013 and a lot of them also walk around the city of The Hague in their costumes and liven up the city for the weekend the Anime festival is being held. The Cosplay Competition at the Anime festival is more then just showing your cool outfit! At our Cosplay Competition we require contestants to not only wear a great, self made costume, they also have to perform an act, in character of the character they are portraying. For those of us who are not so well versed at public speaking or are too modest to compete with a full act, but are amongst the worlds top costume designers, for you we have a special event that does not require an extensive act!
Euro Cosplay 2013
You may have heard about the London MCM-Expo at ExCell exhibition centre, because 3 years ago, at the first Euro Cosplay competition, our own Bianca entered the Cosplay Fashion show at the Anime festival and won an expenses paid trip to London and competed at the Euro Cosplay event.
Bianca did quite well and won an excellent 6th place out of more then 30 European competitors!
But that is not all. Just one year later, Ronald was selected by the judges of Animecon to represent the Netherlands. His result was a superb second place.
Will you be the Costume hero that will be send to the UK to defend the Dutch pride at MCM-Expo?
This competition only includes solo contestants, so groups of Cosplayers can not compete in this competition.
is closed, but not required for watching.
Aside from the usual rules, the following applies. Visitors of this specific event are allowed to take pictures of the event. All entrants need to agree to this if they want to compete in this event. A special entry for this purpose has been added to the Cosplay Competition registration form. However it is NOT allowed to use FLASH photography! Remember other people's personal (as well as third parties) rights will always apply, but what you do with YOUR pictures/recordings is YOUR OWN responsibility!
Aside from the usual rules, the following applies.
- For Cosplay weapons guidelines read the house rules/huisregels. Dutch weapons law will always apply!
- Only single contestants can enter this competition. Groups or teams of more then one person are not allowed.
- You must wear a self-made costume.
- You may use small props that were store bought.
- You are allowed to perform an brief act on stage that may not exceed 90 seconds.
- You must send in a script with your act to cosplay at animecon.nl no later then May 1.
- You must attend the Anime festival at least on Sunday.
- You must be 18 years or older on June 2 if you want to compete for the Euro Cosplay.
- Your Cosplay must be from and Anime, Manga or Game, preferably from Japan. It may not be a fictional character you or your friends created
If you have questions regarding the Cosplay Competition, kindly direct them to us, using the appropriate forum
(Before you submit a question, please browse the forum to see if your
question has already been answered) or send us an e-mail using our contact form (choose 'Cosplay Event' from the subject dropdown menu).
'Whole Weekend' AND 'Sunday Only' visitors.
For legal and safety reasons we are not allowed to exceed the Archonia room's maximum capacity. For the people that will miss out we will try to show a recording.