The best food
Your Bento at AnimeCon
A Taste of Japanese Whisky
Catering, Food Workshops, Tastings and the Maid Cafés... Taste Japan at AnimeCon!
At AnimeCon, you can experience Japanese culture through all five senses, taste included. Visit a maid or butler cafe during the busy festival hours or grab a quick bite to eat. You can also make your own snacks at one of our food workshops. We also have sake and whisky tastings with authentic Japanese drinks.
Food Court and the garden
The food court is where you enter the festival. Grab a bite to eat and something to drink at one of the food stands. From fresh bubble tea, shaved ice cream to fresh Asian hot meals, AnimeCon has got you covered. For years AnimeCon prides itself by having a variety of tastes of some of the best Japanese foods and drinks. Between our selections you will find not only traditional flavours, but also newly inspired foods. Do you have special dietary wishes or needs, don't worry, you will find that many of the stands cater also to your needs, including Western food and vegan meals.
From the food court you can also go out into the garden where you will find more caterers and can relax in the sun.
If you'd rather like to learn how to make the most exquisite flavour of Japan, AnimeCon typically hosts different Japanese food workshops.
In addition to the Food Court we also have two Maid Cafés at the Exp Plaza where you will be welcomed in Japanese style by maids and butlers. Including the opportunity to have you picture taken with them.
Of course you are also welcome to go there just to pick up some food and drinks.
Yearly Japanese Whisky tastings are hosted by our chairman, Niels. Under his care you will taste some of the best the best flavours Japanese whisky has to offer. And, of course, Japan is known for their own rice based drink: Sake, which you will be able to learn about under the guidance of our friends of sake.nl
Inner mental strength is beautiful, but you can't walk around a convention for a weekend without refueling every now and then. We offer a wide range of caterers, with something for everyone.
- Gendai Sake: at the bar you will not only find Western soft drinks and beers, but also Japanese beers, sake and whisky.
- Honkies: the vegan caterer with sushi, ramen and samurai burgers.
- Kare Curry: This caterer comes all the way from France with delicious curry and onigiri.
- Kotobuki: Taste the original Japanese takoyaki, tatsutaage, curry rice, okonomiyaki, yakitori and Japanese drinks.
- Momiji Sushi: the name says it all, we can welcome another real sushi stand at AnimeCon!
- Osaka Cooking: at this food truck you will find the tastiest yaki soba (chicken/vegan).
- Poffenier: takoyaki 'amsterdam style', taste this iconic Japanese street food with a Dutch twist.
- Spherebay: Our friends from Germany provide you with bubble tea and taiyaki again.
- Troy's Shave iced and catering: for cooling shaved ice (with alcohol optionally), gyoza (chicken or vegetarian), yakitori and filled crepes.
- De Broodfabriek: offers sandwiches, snacks and fries for anyone who is in need of a quick European bite.
Paid workshops and tastings
You need an extra ticket for most food workshops and tastings to cover the materials used. Tickets will be for sale online on each page and this page (below) up to 30 minutes before the workshop or tasting starts. If any tickets are left then we will sell them at the food workshops location.
We no longer have a separate counter at the festival for purchase of food tickets. All pre-sales occurs online.